Physical activity is very important for maintaining health. It is also useful in the presence of certain diseases, including prostatitis. Exercise for prostatitis has been proven to have a positive effect on the condition of men and can reduce the need for medication. And this is not surprising, because even a set of general strengthening exercises (especially with prostatitis) can significantly strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation and contribute to the rapid restoration of glandular tissues.
What is Useful Exercise Therapy for Prostate Inflammation
With regular exercises with prostatitis, you can get noticeable improvements in many indicators. This effect of exercise therapy is due to the fact that a specially selected complex is directed against congestion, which with a high degree of probability can provoke inflammatory processes in the organs located on the pelvic floor in men. If it is too late to take measures to prevent pathological changes, there are exercises for the treatment of prostatitis, which include breathing exercises and a complex of well-developed physical exercises in the deep muscles of the pelvis, legs and abdomen. This regimen is really curative, as it acts on the symptoms and deals well with the causes that caused the inflammation.
Through prostatitis physical exercises, you can get rid of the following symptoms of the disease:
- the patient is not worried about urinary retention - an active load on the deep muscles of the pelvis activates blood flow and lymph flow, which leads to a decrease in swelling of the gland;
- due to the outflow of free fluid and toxins from the gland tissues, pain and discomfort during ejaculation decrease;
- due to the influx of nutrients and oxygen into the gland, its functioning is normalized, which leads to the restoration of hormonal balance and affects the general well-being of men - irritability disappears, sleep normalizes, sexual desire is restored.
In addition, increased lymph flow starts the process of natural protection of the prostate - therapeutic exercises increase immunity, promote faster elimination of pathogenic microflora (if any) and reduce the severity of inflammation. In addition, a set of exercises inevitably affects the human body as a whole, as it strengthens the immune system, makes breathing deeper and fights blood stasis.
According to the scheme approved by urologists, physical exercises for prostatitis should meet the following tasks:
- stimulant - the exercise therapy complex increases blood flow and metabolic processes that provoke an increase in phagocytic activity in the prostate area;
- therapeutic - exercises cause the regeneration of damaged tissues through a greater influx of nutrients into the gland area;
- restoring - the exercise therapy complex leads to the normalization of the functions of the glandular-muscular organ in men, the production of a secret and its release;
- protective - through exercises for prostatitis, local immunity is formed, which inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic flora.
In order for all these goals to be achieved, performing each prostatitis exercise must be performed according to certain standards. First, physical education for prostatitis should not be used in the acute phase, which is expressed in the onset of pain and acute urinary retention. Second, corrective gymnastics should be stopped immediately when tangible discomfort arises during its implementation. Thirdly, prostatitis exercises should have enough time - at least 30 minutes a day. Fourthly, for a steady improvement in the condition of men, exercises for prostatitis should be performed every day, not allowing breaks even for a day.
Types of exercises for prostatitis
The following gradation can be applied to prostatitis exercises, which are formed according to the principle of the complexity of their implementation:
- Simple - a complex for men according to Kegel. The backbone of such complexes is made up of exercises for prostatitis, based on latent (hidden, invisible to others) performance - squeezing the anus and relaxing it.
- Medium difficulty - exercises that can be performed in a lying or sitting position (relevant for overweight men with a weak physical foundation). Such exercises for prostatitis include "scissors", "bicycle", leg swings, rolls on a gym ball, hip rotation.
- Difficult - a complex that includes exercises, the implementation of which requires maintaining balance, including many muscle groups at work. The exercises for prostatitis in this section include bending in a semi-squatting state, "pendulum", "bar" exercises, associated with breathing exercises and others.
All the groups listed must be included in the daily complex, and only in this case will the concept of "therapeutic" be fully justified.
The essence of this is that in order to eliminate inflammation in the prostate, it is necessary to strengthen not only the pelvic floor (its muscular component), but also the back, abdominals and hips. An important point is the normalization of the circulatory system and heart, which is also achieved through regular exercise for prostatitis.
What exercises should be done daily
To eliminate inflammation, normalize blood circulation and lymphatic flow, improve prostate function, it is recommended to perform the following list of exercises for prostatitis daily:
- contractions of the anus according to Kegel - in different positions (sitting, standing, lying) 50-100 times in one approach, 2-3 approaches a day;
- half squat with knees apart - 5-7 squats per set, at least two sets a day;
- bring the knees to the chest from a standing position (legs together) with a delay of 5 seconds - at least 6 repetitions, two sets a day;
- from a semi-squat position with the body slightly leaning forward, stand up and at this time open both arms and one leg to the side - 3-5 repetitions for each leg, two sets a day;
- lift your pelvis from a supine position with legs together and hold your breath at the peak of your back arch for 5 seconds - 5-7 reps, 2 sets a day;
- from a lying prone position with hands behind head, closed legs are lifted and then spread apart and held for one minute, then lowered and balanced with breathing - 2 repetitions, up to 3 sets per day.
In general, this complex is enough to normalize the condition of the prostate. It is important to remember that if pain occurs, you need to stop exercising for several days and try to repeat them again.